B.Com.(Hons.) in International Accounting
Globalization, the growth of multinational enterprises, the convergence of international accounting practices and the expansion of the European Union all contribute to the importance of an international focus in accounting and finance education.
The purpose of this course is to examine the managerial and financial accounting function from an international perspective.
Highlight of the Course:
- International Accounting is a rapidly expanding field and its importance has grown in conjunction with the trend towards globalization
- Employers are increasingly demanding that their recruits not only acquire the technical skills necessary to complete accounting tasks but also demand an appreciation of the context of accounting information taking into account wider social, political, economic, natural and cultural environments
- The B.Com. (Hons) in International Accounting focuses on the connections between theory and practice and provides a strong basis for understanding issues in international accounting within this broader context
- The increasing influence of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the shortage in some countries for international accounting expertise have led to a significant demand for the relevant education.
- Knowledge of International Accounting requirements and practices and the influence of environmental factors on the development of accounting systems both nationally and internationally is becoming increasingly important to the accounting professional